Do you want a student visa so you can study in Canada? Don’t worry, we have a detailed guide on how you can make your dreams of studying in Canada a reality.
There are so many reasons why international students prefer to study in Canada. Apart from the quality education, you have an opportunity to work while studying in Canada, get a job in Canada after studies, become a Canadian permanent resident, etc.
Thus, if you desire to study in Canada, below are the requirements and a step by step guide on how to apply for a Canadian student visa.
Canada Student Visa & Permit Requirements
- Valid Passport
- Acceptance Letter from your desired Designated Learning Institution.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score
- Proof of Funds
- An Essay stating the purpose of your trip to Canada
- Credit Card to pay for your online application fee
Canadian Study Permit Process
Before applying for a student visa, you are required to apply for a Canadian study permit. Below is the process:
- Choose your Desired Course and Institution
- See if you can meet their Requirements
- Take the Language Proficiency Test (IELTS, TOEFL or TEF)
- Apply to your desired University or institution
- Apply for a Canadian Study Permit (Online or download the application package)
- Pay for the application fee.
- Wait for a decision on your application.
*. How To Easily Study and Work in Canada in 2022.
*. 6 Fastest and Easiest Ways To Move to Canada.
*. Canada Express Entry Program and How to Apply.
*. Cheapest Universities in Canada for International Students.
Canada Student Visa Application Process
Follow the steps below in order to successfully apply for the Canada student visa:
Credit To: Adaora Uzoma
1. Go to your web browser and search for “Cic.gc.ca”
2. Select your language [English or French]
3. At the menu on the left-hand side, select “Immigration and Citizenship”, then click on “Study”
4. Click on “Get a study permit”
5. Scroll down and click on “Next: Who can apply” on this page, you will see the eligibility requirements.
6. After viewing the requirements, scroll down and click on “Next: Get the right documents” you will see the appropriate documents required to apply for a Canadian study permit and visa.
7. Scroll down and click on “Next: How to apply” when the page loads, scroll down and answer the questions on the ‘Get the instructions’ section. To answer a question, simply click on the right option.
8. After answering the questions, scroll down and click on “Create an account or sign in” located on the left side.
9. On the “Don’t have an account” section, click on “Register” You will see two options to register with, simply click on the “Register with GCKey”
10. On the new page, click on “Sign Up”
11. Click on “I Accept” to accept the terms and conditions.
12. Create a user name (Type in your desired username) and click on “Continue”
13. Create a password and click on “Continue”
14. Then choose your recovery questions and answers and click on continue. You will see a success message that will display on the new page.
15. Click on “Continue” and a new terms and conditions page will open, click on “I Accept”.
16. Go ahead and create an account with the right information, then click on “Continue”
17. Create your security questions on the next page and click on “Continue”
18. The next page click on the “Apply to come to Canada” link
19. A reference code will be demanded, simply scroll down to the “Determine your eligibility and apply online” section and click on “Visitor Visa, Study and/or Work Permit”
20. In the “Find out if you’re eligible to apply” section, Fill in the spaces with the appropriate information. After filling them, click on “Next”.
21. Keep answering the questions with the right information and click on “Next” if you’re done with that section.
22. You will see your result once you’re done answering the questions. So, click on “Continue”/ On the “Create your personal checklist” section, click on “Continue”
23. You will see another “Find out if you’re eligible to apply” section. Answer the questions on the section and click on “Next” each time you’re done.
24. After answering questions in that section, you will see the various questions and your answers. Review them and click on “Continue” when you’re done.
25. The next page will show you a guide on how to submit your application. After reading it, click on “Continue”
26. The next page contains the Canada study permit application form. Click on it to download it, and after filling out the form, upload it. Also, upload the other supporting documents.
27. After uploading the documents, you will be required to pay your application processing fee which is $150. And, that’s all.
28. Finally, you will be notified if you’re qualified or not via an email or a text message.
How Much is the Canadian Study Permit Fee?
Thanks for taking the time to go through the article above. It’s necessary that you know that studying in Canada comes with lots of lifetime benefits and some of them include, permanent residence, job offers, and quality education.
We would be glad to know your thoughts on studying in Canada as an international student.
The post How to Get Canada Student Visa & Study Permit: Step by Step Guide appeared first on Latest JAMB News | All Nigerian Universities News.