Are you in search of NECO English questions and answers or maybe you are thinking about how you can pass your NECO English Examination? If YES, then you don’t have to worry anymore.
NECO (National Examination Council) is an examination body that is in charge and has the authority to conduct the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and General Certificate in Education every year.
Below are some of the questions and answers you should expect in the forthcoming NECO examination that will hold between June/July and December/ January.
Find some of the past NECO English examination questions and answers for free – Below.
NECO ENGLISH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. Which of the following skills are required of students when the lesson is going on in the class?
- Reading and writing
- Writing and speaking
- Listening and writing
- Speaking and listening
- Talking and distracting
Answer: C (Listening and writing)
2. Who is the subject in this sentence, the teacher speaks fast___?
Answer: B (Teacher)
3. Verbs that help other verbs to form different tenses are known as_____?
- Auxiliary verbs
- Finite verbs
- Infinite verbs
- Transitive verbs
- Intransitive verbs
Answer: A (Auxiliary Verbs)
4. “Ugo is very beautiful”… Which of this is true about this sentence__?
- “Very modifies the adjective beautiful”
- “The sentence is incomplete”
- “Ugo is the object in the sentence”
- “The sentence has no adjective”
- “Very modifies the verb beautiful”
Answer: A (“Very modifies the adjective beautiful”)
5. A prefix comes_____?
- At the center of the main word.
- After the main word
- In the middle of the main word
- Before the main word
Answer: D (Before the main word)
6. Two West African countries that use the English Language as their official Language are ____and___?
- Gabon and Ghana
- Nigeria and Ghana
- Cameroon and Nigeria
- Sierra Leone and Niger republic
- South Africa and Cameroon
Answer: B (Nigeria and Ghana)
7. A group of letters that appears at the end of a word that changes the meaning of the word is_____?
Answer: D (Suffix)
8. Either John or Mike _____ 8 years old
Answer: C (is)
9. Samson is my ______ brother
Answer: B (Elder)
10. It _____ the best idea to pay for those tickets by credit card. It was too risky?
- may not have been
- may not be
- might not be
- must not have been
11. They _____ in the basement for three months?
- were made sleeping
- were made sleep
- were made to sleep
- made to sleep
ANSWER: C (Were made to sleep)
12. We’ll never know what might have happened _____ the email earlier?
- if he sent
- had he sent
- if he has sent
- did he sent
13. If success _____, we need to prepare ourselves for every possible scenario?
- is to be achieved
- is achieved
- will be achieved
- is due to achieve
ANSWER: A (is to be achieved)
14. ______ gifts to the judges?
- It’s not allowed offering
- It’s not permitted to offer
- It’s not permitted offering
- It’s not allowed to offer
ANSWER: B (It’s not permitted to offer)
In each of the following sentences, there is one underlined word and one gap. From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word and that will, at the same time, correctly fill the gap in the sentence.
- Most African countries face poverty while few enjoy ………………
- Last year our farmers cultivated more crops than they……………
From the words lettered A to D, choose the word that best completes each of the following sentences.
- There would have been a riot in our school but for the timely ……….. of our staff.
- The armed robbers …every room in the bank to look for money.
After each of the following sentences, a list of possible interpretations is given. Choose the interpretation that you consider most appropriate for each sentence.
- Ade is too clever by half. This means that Ade is
A. far cleverer than others
B. actually very stupid in his behaviour
C. annoyingly clever
D. behaving to be clever but is not.
- Ameh is really being economical with the truth. This means that Ameh
A. is being praised for being honest
B. does not know enough
C. knows more than he is prepared to say
D. is not telling the truth.
From the words lettered A to D below each of the following sentences, chose the word or group of words that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word as it is used in the sentence.
- By failing to attend the interview, Idoko has lost a golden opportunity.
- I hope the principal would be gracious enough to forgive us.
From the words or group of words lettered A to D, choose the word or group of words that best completes each of the following sentences.
- A good citizen abides ….. the rules of the land.
- Since his swearing in, the governor ……….. his hometown.
A. had not been visiting
B. has not visited
C. did not visit
D. had not visited.
In each of the following questions, the main /primary stress is indicated by writing the syllable on which it occurs in capital letters. From the words lettered A to D, choose the one that has the correct stress.
NOTE: Make sure you know how to write formal and informal letters properly.
Thank you for going through this page. If you have any questions please do well to make use of the comment section.
OTHER RELATED POSTS
- NECO Timetable for 2022/2023.
- How To Upload Your NECO Result On JAMB Portal.
- Christian Religious Studies NECO Questions and Answers.
The post NECO ENGLISH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS 2022/2023 appeared first on Latest JAMB News | All Nigerian Universities News.
Leave a Reply